CPBIS Releases PaperPat: A New Tool Providing U.S. Pulp and Paper Patents OnLine
ATLANTA, GA -- August 18, 2006. CPBIS released today a new tool called PaperPat which is an online searchable database of U.S. pulp and paper patents.
The tool can be accessed here: http://www.cpbis.gatech.edu/patents
This database is a compiling of 63,497 U.S. patents related to pulp and paper. The database covers practically all the pulp and paper patents that were issued between January 1, 1976 and December 31, 2003 by the U.S. Patent Office (USPTO).
The assignees are divided by categories fot the convenience of CPBIS researchers and other users. The various categories are:
- 1 - U.S. pulp and paper companies in Millsonline as of 2005; major foreign companies (Canadian, Scandinavian) having subsidiaries in the U.S are not in this category
- 2 - Old and merged U.S pulp and paper companies from Forest Product Laboratory database and from MillsOnline between 2000 and 2004
- 2.5- Old and merged U.S pulp and paper companies from Forest Product Laboratory database and MillsOnline between 1970 and 1999
- 3 - Large Foreign Pulp and Paper Companies
- 4 - Suppliers
- 5 - Research and Development Organizations; Universities
- 6 - Unknown (assignee’s belonging to any category above is unknown)
The following queries are available online from PaperPat on two
or in http://www.cpbis.gatech.edu/patents/patent_exactsearch.php
Detailed information about this tool can be found here: http://www.cpbis.gatech.edu/patents/PaperPatWriteup.pdf
About CPBIS: The Center for Paper Business and Industry Studies (CPBIS) is an internationally recognized academic research center providing business knowledge of relevance to the global forest products industry. The CPBIS is cosponsored by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, the Georgia Institute of Technology (Georgia Tech), and the Paper Industry.