Database of Pulp & Paper Patents
1 = U.S. pulp and paper companies
existing in 2005 |
2 = merged and out-of-business pulp and paper
companies existing sometime between 2000 and 2004 (both years
included) but not anymore in 2005 |
2.5 = merged and out-of-business pulp and paper
companies existing sometime between 1970 and 1999 but not anymore
in 2000 |
3 = large foreign pulp and paper companies
existing in 2005 |
4 = suppliers (U.S. or foreign) to the pulp and
paper industry in 2005 |
5 = R&D centers for pulp and paper and
universities with large pulp and paper dept. anytime between 1970
and 2005; U.S. or foreign |
6 = category of assignee is unknown; could be any
of above (only 257 entries in that category) |
For Search by Multiple Words in Patent
- Put in one or more words; for instance "Paper" or "Web"
- Each keyword should go into a different field. For example: if
the criteria of search is Paper AND Web, then keyword 1 should be
Paper and keyword 2 would be Web.
- You should enter at least one keyword in the first field.
- The search is upper case/lower case insensitive (Paper or paper
will provide the same search results).
For Search by Consecutive Words, Assignee
- Put in one of the options - either Patent Title or Assignee or
Author Name or Category or Patent Number.
- Or you can search with up to 2 of these criteria
For Results Page Display:
- Results are ordered by increasing Patent Number.
- Because of space constraints. only the first author is
- Category: see category codes above.
- The Issue date of the patent is the date when the patent was
finally granted (issued). It uses this format:
4 digits year(no space)2 digits month(no space)2
- The Assignee ID No. is a unique reference number that the U.S.
Patent Office uses for a given assignee.
- Download Results: Press the download button to Open the results
or to Save to Disk, as a .xls format file readable by Microsoft